Fast-track your job search at a "one-and-done" hiring event hosted by Allen Parks and Recreation.
We're interviewing for more than 80 seasonal and part-time positions, and are ready to extend job offers on the spot from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24 at Stephen G. Terrell Recreation Center.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Step #1 - Browse current job openings
Visit our online job portal to view part-time and seasonal Parks & Recreation job openings. Some positions are still being added:
- Camp STAR Counselors: For ages 18+ at Joe Farmer Recreation Center ($12/hour)
- Camp Counselors: For ages 18+ at Stephen G. Terrell Recreation Center ($12/hour)
- Lead Camp Counselor: For ages 18+ at Stephen G. Terrell Recreation Center ($15/hour)
- Playroom Attendant (morning shifts): For ages 16+ at Stephen G. Terrell Recreation Center ($11.52-$14.12/hour)
- Fitness Attendant: For ages 18+ at Stephen G. Terrell Recreation Center ($13/hour)
- Lifeguards: For ages 16+ at Don Rodenbaugh Aquatics Center and Ford Pool ($14.01-$17.17/hour)
- Swim Teaching Assistants: For ages 16+ at Don Rodenbaugh Aquatics Center and Ford Pool ($12.71-$15.57/hour)
Many jobs require no prior experience!
Step #2 - Apply online
Find a position that suits you and complete the short online application.
Computers are available to apply at our hiring event, but you can speed up the hiring process by applying in advance.
All hiring event attendees must complete an application before interviewing.
Step #3 - Attend the hiring event
Round up the items below, and see us at Stephen G. Terrell Recreation Center between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24.
Following a brief interview, qualified applicants may be asked to complete a background check and drug test onsite.
Applicants MUST bring:
- Drivers license or state photo ID
- Social Security card -OR- certified birth certificate -OR- passport
- A parent or guardian (for applicants ages 16-17 only) to authorize background check/drug screening
- Can minors (ages 16-17) apply?
Yes! Lifeguard, Swim Teaching Assistant and Playroom Attendant positions are open to applicants ages 16+.
PLEASE NOTE: Minors who attend the job fair must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to authorize background check and/or drug screening. After completing this initial paperwork, parents/guardians may return to their vehicle or wait onsite. Parents/guardians may not accompany minors to the interview and HR processing portions of the hiring event.
- How long will the interview take? What will be asked?
The interview portion of the hiring event will take approximately ten minutes. During this time, applicants will be asked about their prior experience, interest in the position, hours/availability and any known scheduling conflicts (ex: planned vacations, extracurricular commitments).
Applicants should expect to spend at least one hour at the event, which may include waiting in the interview queue, processing HR paperwork and completing a drug screening. This process may take longer depending on the number of attendees.
- Is childcare offered at this event?
No, childcare is not offered during this hiring event. As waiting areas are reserved for job candidates and/or parents of minor (ages 16-17) applicants, young children are unable to accompany their parents/guardians to this event.
- My teenage child is applying. Can I attend the event with them?
A parent or guardian must be present to sign initial paperwork for minor applicants (ages 16-17). After this paperwork is signed, parents/guardians can return to their vehicles or wait in the lobby until the interview process is completed. Parents/guardians may not accompany minors to the interview and HR processing portions of the hiring event.
- What happens if I am given a conditional offer?
At the end of the interview, some applicants may be given a conditional offer of employment and tentative start date. All requirements of the conditional offer must be met before the applicant is officially cleared for hiring.
- What are the next steps after leaving with a conditional offer?
In the week following the Hiring Event, each selected applicant will receive an activation email from NeoGov to set up their onboarding. At this time, pre-employment paperwork including policy reviews, tax documentation, and banking information will be required to be completed. Please note that a bank account under the employee’s name is required before the official start date. Bank accounts may not be under the parent/guardian’s name.