Find a place to study or read at Allen Public Library. Our four study rooms are free to use, no library card required. All rooms are first come, first served, with a two-hour time limit. Study rooms cannot be reserved in advance. All study rooms close 30 minutes before the Library closes.
Study Room Use
Study room occupancy
Occupancy limits for each study room are listed below. Please do not add or move chairs between rooms.
|Study Room A||2 people|
|Study Room B||4 people|
|Study Room C||6 people|
|Study Room D||4 people|
- Availability: Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Using your study room: Fill out the sign-in sheet with your study period start time and initials. A sign-in sheet is provided in each room.
- Time limit: There is a two hour time limit in the study rooms. Please keep track of your time as others may be waiting to use the room.
- Permitted activities: Study rooms are intended for quiet activities, such as studying, reading, or discussion. The walls are not soundproof.
- Provided supplies: Each room has a white board and markers. Please clean the whiteboard and discard any trash at the end of your study period.
- Food and drink: No food is allowed in the library. Drinks with lids are allowed.
- Advertisements: No public advertisements for activities in the study rooms are allowed.
- Lost items: Items left unattended in the study rooms for more than 15 minutes are considered abandoned and will be taken to Lost & Found. Lost & Found is located at the Check Out desk.
- Code of Conduct: All Library Code of Conduct policies apply to the study rooms.