Teen Anime Con
Friday, June 30, 6:30 - 10:30 p.m. at Allen Public Library
Registration will open May 22 at 10 a.m.
Due to space limitations we are requiring all participants to pre-register online. Attending the Con is free but only 200 spots are available. Registration starts May 22 at 10 a.m. and will remain open until June 24 at 5 p.m or until all spots are full.
. Due to space limitations, there are only 200 spots available. You must be aged 12 - 18 to be eligible. If you've snagged a spot, don't forget to download the , and turn it in at the Con. You must bring this form with you to Anime Con in order to participate!
Bringing in a consent form does not guarantee you a spot. You must register!
If you have registered for the Con but are no longer able to come, please call the Youth Department at 214.509.4906 so we can open up your spot to another teen.
Attending the Con
All teens that stay until the end of the Con will take a trip to the swag table! Items on the table have been generously donated by Viz Media, Yen Press, Funimation, and more.
Our rules and expectations are outlined in our Parental Consent Form, but basically we ask that all teens respect the presenters, volunteers, staff, and other attendees. Any teens acting disrespectfully or breaking rules will be sent home. Please note that all teens must follow the Cosplay Contest dress code rules if they are in costume (regardless of if they sign up for the contest).
We close and lock the Library doors at 7 p.m. We will not open them for latecomers. If you leave the Library building after the Con starts you cannot come back into the building. This is for the safety of the other attendees.
The Food for Thought Cafe in the Library will be open for most of the Con. Please remember to bring money with you if you want to purchase snacks or Boba.
- Real weapons are NOT allowed.
- Fake weapons MUST be sheathed.
- Costumes MUST be PG and family-friendly.
(If you can’t wear it to your grandmother’s, you can’t wear it here).
- No bathing suits.
- Use of liquids, messy substances, or overly large prop pieces are not allowed.
- Anyone not adhering to these rules may be asked by a staff person to change into appropriate clothing or to leave the library premises.
- If you have questions, feel free to ask! Call us at 214.509.4906.
Judging and Awards:
- Costumes will be judged by your fellow con attendees based on originality, creativity, and costume detail.
- All participants will receive a designated number that must be attached and easily visible by attendees.
- The number will be assigned when you register at the Con.
- All participants must walk across the stage at the beginning of the Con to show off his/her costume.
- Attendees will be given a form to vote for their favorite cosplayers.
- Winners will be announced at the end of the Con.
- Winners must be present and in costume to be eligible for a prize. Each winner must come onstage to show off their awesome costumes and collect their prize!
We will be giving away all prizes at the end of the Con, including Cosplay contest prizes. All teens who attend the final session will be entered into a special prize drawing! Participants must be present to win and are only eligible to win one prize.
Cons are fun places where your teens get to talk and obsess over something they love! Because of the special nature of this Con, the Library will not be open to the public or to parents. The Teen Anime Con is for teens ages 12 - 18 only, and we are firm on the age.
The glass Gallery will be open to waiting parents starting at 10:15 p.m. We ask that parents stay in the Gallery and not interrupt the final part of the program in the Auditorium. Parents are required to pick their teen up at the library NO LATER than 10:45 p.m. All drop-offs and pick-ups must take place at the west entrance (by the three flagpoles). All other entry/exit doors will be unavailable. All other rules and requirements for Teen Anime Con are outlined in the required .